Monday, November 21, 2011

Make This and You Will Give Thanks.


Nice spread right?
That was last year's Thanksgiving Feast.
This year will not be so awesome.
But see that pan of amazing-ness in the bottom right corner?
I will be making that.
And so will you.
Because it is a.maz.ing.
Get your pens and pencils my friends... here's the recipe:

Sweet Potato Casserole
Ingredients
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup sugar
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla

Pour into 1 quart buttered baking dish

Topping
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter softened
1/3 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans

Blend with fork. Sprinkle over potato mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until set and crunchy.

Eat it as a side.
Eat it for dessert.
And then eat it for breakfast the next morning.
You're Welcome.

And I think I doubled or tripled the recipe last year-
Calculating for adequate leftovers is important.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thank you! I have been trying to figure out what to make with all the Sweet Potatoes I have. Do you want some? No seriously. Because of Bountiful baskets I probably have 20.

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

If you think those sweet potatoes are good....you should try the non-diet, non-scaled back recipe! it is TOTALLY amazing! but it will set one's diet back months and months!
happy thanksgiving!

liz beus

Chanell said...

Liz- now you're just teasing me... :)