So here is the group.
There are six of us now.
That's a lot.
We are all adjusting to the jump from five to six.
Adjusting in our own special ways.
Annie has taken her role as oldest sister even more seriously.
She has taken it upon herself to make "the plans" for all of us.
I try and tell her that she is not the "boss of the world."
Because, let's face it, I want to be the "boss of the world."
And there's only space for one "boss of the world" in this family.
But in all seriousness she is the greatest oldest sister ever.
She takes such good care of Tessa and Tessa loves her the best.
She may not be the boss of the world, but she is the boss of Tessa.
Kate is still so easy.
She is so sweet- unless Annie or Tessa are bugging her.
She loves the new baby,
and spent 20 minutes holding her binky in while I made dinner tonight.
(I am using the term "made dinner" loosely- as in frozen pizza and cucumber slices.)
She is also thrilled that Eve has brown hair like her.
Tessa... oh Tessa.
She is, well, still adjusting to Eve.
She loves her, but she hasn't quite figured out what to do about her.
I have found her scaling Eve's crib, sucking on her binky,
and clinging to my leg while I'm holding the baby.
She copes by requesting multiple episodes of Dora each day
and screaming for "MORE JUICE!!!"
She eats lots of mac and cheese
because I'm too tired of trying to figure out what else she will eat.
And I'm tired of picking up all the food she doesn't like off the floor.
She loves her dad more than me and screams "DADA!" anytime he walks into the room.
But then again, he didn't betray her by having a new baby.
Brock is, of course, the best.
He takes it all in stride and is the greatest dad ever to Baby Eve.
He juggles his job, his sleep deprived wife,
and four little girls that love him to death with no problem.
He is the best- ever.
And how am I adjusting?
I am great.
I don't have headaches.
I haven't thrown up in two weeks.
I have another beautiful girl-
and even though my life is crazy and chaotic-
it is the best.
And I wouldn't change a thing about it.
So I'd say we are all adjusting just fine...
at least I hope so. :)
4 comments:
Oh, those pictures are so sweet. You have such precious girls.
So Cute! Love the pics! Your family is so cute!
congratulations! You look sooo good! I can only imagine the adjustment as a family and each personally going on right now. such a beautiful family!
Hansen decided Mickey Mouse clubhouse was the way to go...and plain noodles were his choice. Cuz I couldn't clean under his chair one more time either. Our lives are cracking me up right now. Just for hope purposes, I put Olivia down at 7 pm tonight and she will sleep until 3...and then go until 7. Hope. Hope. Hope. :-)
Post a Comment