Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Brock!



 Brock's birthday was a few weeks ago- it was a big one- he turned 30!
This meant his wife needed to throw him a big sha-bang party,
but she didn't 'cause she's lame.
He did not get a single present from me- nor a card-
only a few measley leftover decorations and a happy birthday banner-
oh, and some balloons that I blew up- I think five, no seven of them.
I earned the worst wife of the century that day.
He came home and said,
"Well, let's go to Outback for my birthday."
I said, "ok."
Because I didn't want to cook.
And I didn't even tell the server it was his birthday.
No song- No sha-bang.
So, on Sunday to supress my nagging guilt, I made him strawberry shortcake.
Because it's his favorite... No, wait, maybe it's my favorite.
Anyway he did have a 3-0 candle in there.
And his girls sang happy birthday to him.
And I said, "for your present and mine- let's go on a vacation together."
Wasn't that a thoughtful present?

 And to show he wasn't even a bit mad,
he did funny faces for the camera.
And to prove what a terrible wife I really am- I'm posting them on my blog...
'cause their funny.
And if you didn't know- his funny faces are legendary...
LEGENDARY!
Dear Brock,

Happy Birthday!
I am so happy you are 30.
You are now older than me and that's hot.
Thank you for being the greatest husband around.
And even if you were less great- that would even be ok...
'cause then I wouldn't look like such a lame-o wife compared to you.

Love, Chanell

p.s. And props for having four kids before you are 30.
That is what I call impressive... and efficient.
You deserve an award for "most things accomplished in your 20's"!
And here's to some fantastic (and slightly less insane) 30's.

1 comment:

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

Besides all that, he is the best son-in-law ever!