Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New York, NY

 My mom surprised the girls with a trip to New York.
It was so fun to experience such an amazing city with the coolest girls on earth.
We stayed in Times Square- this was the view from our room.
There are so many weird things to see in Times Square.
I love watching people- weird and normal-
so staying in Times Square was perfect.
 The first night we went to dinner and walked around.
But the SECOND night, we went to Wicked.
I had never seen it- and to make matters worse Taylor had seen it THREE times.
I loved it. So much. I cried, but pretended not too because I was embarrassed.
(I also used the Men's bathroom during intermission
because the line for the girls was ridiculous and they were getting ready to start
and I didn't want to miss any of the show.
My mom and I ran in there, but there were still guys in there.
Nothing freaks a guy out- like a pregnant chick barging in on them in their bathroom.
It was funny and gross. Boys bathrooms are gross.)
But back to Wicked... I loved it. So much.
AND best part was I didn't know it ended the way it did because I had only listened to the songs-
so that was a bonus.

After the show, my mom hired a guy to take us back to the hotel in a limo.
Kind of extravagant, I know- but so fun.
It was Friday night and we were in the middle of Times Square and people kept taking pictures of the limo.
They wanted us to roll down the window.
They thought we were someone famous.
Nope- just three chicks from Utah and one from IDAHO!
Pretty much as cool as Derek Jeter.
 So the only little, teeny, tiny problem was that in New York you walk a little bit.
And I am super pregnant and super sick.
So that was a little tricky.
But I will take this baby to Grand Central Station.
I will take her to the nasty bathroom downstairs by the Subway.
I will tell her that because of her, I threw up in this nastiest of all nasty bathrooms.
I will then tell her that she owes me for the rest of her life.
 It was so fun.
My mom was determined that we see it ALL.
And I think we came pretty close.

And of course we did a little shopping.
This picture is in SAKS.
Do you see the dog- in the middle- on the couch?
At this point I was so intrigued that there were shoes that cost that much-
and people were BUYING them.
And then one guy was trying them on-
and he had his dog who was next to him on the couch.
I sent this picture to Brock- and he replied that the poor dog looked
"Bored out of his mind."

 We went to Toys R' Us in Times Square.
I sent the girls the picture of me in front of Barbie's house
and Brock said they kept saying,
"NO FAIR!"
over and over.
They didn't care as much when I sent them the picture of the Statue of Liberty.
My view of my ever growing belly and swollen toes.

Empire State Building.
Did not go to the top.
Are you kidding me?
Crammed in an elevator- for a long time- with all those people?
No Thank You.
 I loved the flower stands.
 We also got to see Sister Act.
It was very entertaining and so fun.
I can't believe how talented people are.
It was pretty amazing.
Doesn't my mom look like she should live in New York?
She's so stylin'.
Dear Mom,
You are so stylin'.
Thank you for taking us to New York,
and showing us around your favorite city.
We should go again sometime.
You are such a rock star mom.
I love you.
See you in my favorite city- B-TOWN- soon!
Love,
Chanell
  


3 comments:

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

That was so great. Thanks for helping to make my dream come true. We need to start planning the next one but we might wait until after June.

Jay Jay said...

So unbelievably jealous...Bryan keeps promising that my dream of going to New York will come true too. If not, I'll know who to call. ;) ps...LOVE Tay's hat.

Virginia said...

You gals looked like you had such fun! Wonderful!