Monday, March 21, 2011

Annie is SIX!

 Annie turned six years old when we were in Denver.
So I did my best to throw her a party on the road.
 My parents let us throw a party in their suite.
I'm guessing that this suite has seen a lot of parties,
but this was probably the first birthday bash for a six year old.
The cake was amazing.
We had to walk all over downtown Denver to find a birthday cake,
but this cake was worth it.
 Annie felt so special with everyone there.
She did miss her friends though and keeps asking me when the "friend party" is.
How do I break it to her that there is no "friend party" this year?
 The highlight of her birthday had to be the American Girl Store.
She and Kate were both in heaven there.
And I might have loved it too.
It was so fun.
Except for the 35 minute death defying taxi ride. Ridiculous.

Dear Annie-
You are the sweetest six year old I know.
I can't believe that I am lucky enough to be your mom.
I am so glad that in six years you've been my daughter,
you haven't run away yet even though most of the time I have no clue what I'm doing.
I really appreciate that.
I love you, and I'm so glad that you are finally six!
Love, Mom

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You should have paid for my trip and I would have been your personal tour guide. ;) I love Denver and have spent many summers there since my parents divorced. It's such a great city!