Last week, we drove by a church and saw they had a live nativity.
We were not planning on attending, but I told Brock to stop anyway.
Idaho does a wonderful job with live nativity because we have a lot of livestock-
and nothing makes a live nativity more than good quality/quantity livestock.
This picture shows that we were not planning on attending an outdoor function.
It also shows what my children look like when they dress themselves... pretty much psychedelic.
(sorry mom.)
Kate was also very afraid of the soldiers. She asked me if we had to give them a ticket before they went in. She was worried they were going to "get her with them's swords."
But don't worry about my kids. They were fun. It really was a warm night.
I was not kidding about the quality livestock.
Ignore the kids with coats and hats. Their parents worry too much. It really was almost balmy that night.
The angel choir- that was good.
Kate was so excited to see the "real Jesus" as she said. She talked about it all week.
Then yesterday she asked me if Santa Claus and Jesus were friend.
I said I'm pretty sure they were because without Jesus, Santa would be out of a job.
Annie and the three wise men.
Tessa was warm and snuggley in Brock's sweat shirt. Brock loves it when his wife makes him do stuff like this... I promise he LOVES it.
But in all seriousness the live nativity was amazing. The girls loved it and talked about it all night.
We had talked a lot about baby Jesus and the Christmas Story, but when they saw it portrayed like this it was really powerful for them. We will definitely go again next year, with coats.
***
In other notes, I know I was a bad mom for forgetting coats, but at least my teenage boys didn't go and pull the camel's tail and get the camel all freaked out so he started dancing around in a giant group of elderly and children. I was ready to pound those kids, but then the camel stepped on one of their feet and it looked like it hurt the kid. Note to self- camel's always get their revenge.
And at the end there was hot chocolate- so I got my girls cups and before I handed it to them, I tasted it and burned the crap out of my tongue. So I made them wait 10 minutes to drink it. I thought that was a good mom move considering all the kids that were crying hysterically because they burned their tongues.
So my conclusion is I'm about a C+ mom-
and anyone who went to BYU knows a C+ is something to be proud about. :)
2 comments:
I think being a mom is more of an honors course so a C+ is really good. I would take a C+. Keep up the good work and way to go Brock for stopping the car.
Chanell,
Omigosh. I. love. your. blog. And once again, you've convinced me just how much I wish you lived closer and we could hang out. If I made the cut. haha. Your mom told me about this post tonight and I'm so glad I was privileged to read it. Always brings a smile to my face to read the happenings of the Reichners. P.S. AMAZING Thanksgiving! A+ for that. And I think you're selling yourself short on the C+ as a mom. You're at LEAST a B. hahaha Take care. XOXO
Post a Comment