Friday, August 27, 2010

Recap of My Impressive Week.

I have had a good week if I do say so myself.
It all started on Sunday when I made homemade ice cream- vanilla-
and then added peaches from our very own (very little) peach tree.
It. was. awesome.
Then Monday we took the girls to do a triathlon (pictures coming soon).
They LOVED it.
(Thanks for the invite Katie).
Then Tuesday was the Ward Swap.
It turned out so great!
We had so many clothes... SO MANY.
Brock ended up driving around the neighborhood and inviting all the neighbors who aren't in our ward. They were pumped. 
Brock took these pictures for me.
Good thing he did because I would not have had time.
But I do think he was more concerned about getting a shot of how great his grass is looking.
(Brock, you are the greatest landscaper I know.)
I didn't worry too much about snacks, 
but it's not a party without something to eat.
So I made popcorn (which is a food storage item) and drizzled chocolate on it.
Brock and Kate said it was good.
I also wrapped the water bottles with labels that had the definition of frugal.
Frugal-adjective
1. economical in use or expenditure; 
prudently saving or sparing; 
not wasteful.
I am working on memorizing that.
I hoped that drinking the water out of my "frugal bottles" might make me magically frugal.
I went shopping yesterday.
I am sad to say it didn't work.
Anyway the swap rocked-
look at all those shoes!
Thanks Everyone!!!
Then on Wednesday I made the BEST zucchini bread E.V.E.R.
My neighbor gave me two ginormous zucchini that I grated 18 cups of zucchini.
Used 3- froze 15- I thought that was very provident of me!
(btw I have started using provident as an adjective- 
it means I did something provident living like-
 I hope it's not confusing.)
And then,
wait for it...
wait for it...
I made zucchini bread with 
whole wheat flour
 that I grinded with my WHEAT GRINDER!!!
(I sold the Wii!)
The bread was pure deliciousness.
And provident.
So that takes me to Thursday.
But let's skip Thursday- 
it wasn't so provident-
it may have included Little and Caesars,
but I did make a salad to go with it.
And today-
we took Annie to meet her teacher- Mrs. Bott.
She told me when we were getting ready she felt like she might throw up.
But then we got there and she wasn't intimidated at all.
I think it helped that Annie was almost as tall as Mrs. Bott.
School starts MONDAY!!!
(Kinda Freakin' Out- just a little).
Coming up this weekend...
Double Date tonight
End of Summer Hot Dog Roast/S'mores on Saturday
Back to School Feast on Sunday
First day of School on Monday
So exciting!
(and impressive- if I do say so myself).

4 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

WOw girl, I'm impressed with all of your provident-ness. Very cool. Did you know my sister and her fam just moved to Boise?

Angela and Mike said...

WOw girl, I'm impressed with all of your provident-ness. Very cool. Did you know my sister and her fam just moved to Boise?

Michelle said...

You were definitely more provident than me this week! I can't say you were more frugal though because I got a $50 gift card to Gap for $24, movie tickets for $4, came to the swap and got 8 items for free and spent way too much time organizing free babysitting for co-op! I was pretty proud of my frugalness. ;)
Seeing the school and teacher did give me a case of the freaking outs today as well though. How the heck is Rex ever going to make it from the bus to the door when there is a PLAYGROUND in the way!

Chanell said...

Michelle- you are the queen of frugal. I should make a frugal crown and give it to you. Thanks for letting me n the co-op.