Kate and Annie are doing swimming lessons at Boise State
(go broncos).
Kate is two years too young to be in swimming lessons.
She was not happy about sitting and watching Annie,
so in one of my fine parenting moments I asked the lady in charge
if three year old's could do swimming lessons.
I was waiting for her to say, "No. Sorry you have to be five."
And then I could say, "Sorry Kate. It's that mean ladies fault."
And then I would be off the hook.
But instead she looked at Kate and said,
"Do you want to get in the pool?"
And Kate (my mute child) gave a determined nod.
Then the lady looked at me and told me that if Kate wasn't scared of the water
(and if she wouldn't scream hysterically like a 7 year old boy on the other side of the pool was doing at that moment...)
and I thought she was ready for swim lessons, she would let her in.
HALLELUJAH!
(go broncos).
So I take her over to her teacher and say,
"This is Kate and it's her very first time."
The teacher said,
"Hi Kate.
Have a seat at the edge."
As I was walking to sit on the bench,
I looked up in time to see Kate trip as she is taking her seat and
she falls right into the pool.
She is about a foot away from the teacher so I'm staying cool, but the teacher is not even looking at Kate who is now completely under the water.
So I walk back up to the pool and say,
"Ummm... can you get her? She's right there...under the water."
The teacher turns around and grabs Kate,
puts her on the edge and says,
"You're not supposed to get in yet Silly!"
Kate is spitting water out and looks over at me with her huge eyes- as if to say "what the heck did you sign me up for?"
I'm just waiting for her to start crying.
But the teacher tells her to hop in and put her face in,
so she hopped in and put her face in.
Minus the shaky start, it has been so great!
Annie loves it-
and Kate loves it too!
(Look at that toe point.
Not to brag, but she gets that from me.)

The highlight for Annie was jumping off the diving board.
She was so proud of herself.
I really love these swimming lessons.
The teachers have been so good with both girls, and they seem to be learning a lot.
It's almost enough to make me say,
"go broncos."
Almost enough.
3 comments:
i thought you were telling me about swim team--laps and whistles and more laps. i didn't know you meant lessons.
Kinda jealous. Jaxon is in (too young of course) and the first day his class had a kid with swim diapers and two criers. I thought to myself..."there is no way those kids are 5. In fact, I bet they are younger than Lexi. I should put Lexi in, they would never know the difference." I didn't do it but you better believe she will be in next year!!! Go BBrron....oh, just can't say it! Still love their summer swim program though!
I'm so glad you named your first little girl after my mom, and your second little girl after me....so sweet!! HAHA jk, but they are adorable :)
Post a Comment