Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hiking the Y

For the last year or so,
every time we go to Provo
Annie asks if we can hike the Y.
And when I say ask,
I mean ask about a thousand times.
So last time we were down,
we decided to take the whole family and do it.
I talked Brooke and G into coming with us.
And my mom joined us too.
As we started the hike,
Brock told me that he had never hiked the Y before.
I thought that was crazy!
(Even though I had only done it one time.)
Tessa really enjoyed the view.
Garrett and Bradley taking a water break.
I can't believe that Garrett and Brock made it to the to carrying those baby backpacks.
They are heavy!
And we actually made it to the top.
I took G's family picture
'cause I don't think they are going to come with us next time.

There we are...proof!
Brock carried Tessa half way up
and Tessa AND Kate the rest of the way up.
Annie was so excited to be at the top!
I asked her when we got back into the car
if she wanted to do it again.
She said, "nope."
And that works for me!
***
Oh and for the record,
I carried Tessa down the mountain
because my mom was carrying Kate
and Brock was carrying Annie.
As we were walking down,
I rolled my ankle and almost fell.
I said, "Ow! I just sprained my ankle.
But I'm ok. Happens all the time."
Brock looked at me like I was crazy.
But it really does happen all the time.
Like when I sprained my ankle in church the other week.
That was embarrassing.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

i roll my ankles all the time too. like when i'm 9 months pregnant and i'm just walking along the street. i think it's all those years of basketball.