When we were in Provo, my parents took me, Brock, Garrett and Brooke golfing.
It was a lot of fun.
I took lots of pictures, like always,
but I think I was annoying.
Garrett said,
"Now I know how Tiger feels
with everyone taking pictures
during his back swing."
My parents rock.
My dad likes to follow all the rules.
My mom doesn't.
I golfed every other hole or so.
When you are as terrible as I am,
you need to take a few holes off.
I thought Brock was especially impressive.
But, then again, when isn't he impressive?
The caravan of golf carts.
(Speaking of golf carts...
Once when I was in college,
I caddied for my friend Carrie-
she's the best golfer I know
plus she's really cool- and I mean really cool
'cause she let me caddie for her at the Utah State Am.
And you need to know that 95% of what I know about golf I learned from watching Happy Gilmore. But she let me caddie for her anyway. So the first day we had a cart and since I'm the caddie I was driving. I was cruising along when she yelled at me to stop! I came within inches of RUNNING her ball OVER! And in case you don't know, when you are a caddie and you run your golfer's ball over it's bad, like super bad. So that was close, but you have to admit those little balls are hard to see sometimes.
Some of my other fantastic moments included
tripping another caddie with the flag stick
and the LAUGHING (mortifying I know,
but I could not BELIEVE I actually tripped him
and I couldn't help laughing.
I think I also pump-fisted when Carrie won the hole because someone missed.
Cheering when someone misses
is apparently frowned upon among the golfing elite.
It was match play and she managed to make it to the final day with me.
On the last hole, I think it was a par 3,
she asked me if she had used a certain club the day before.
I had NO IDEA, but the number sounded familiar
so I nodded confidently.
She hit a GREAT shot,
and as we walked to the green she said,
"you had no idea what club I used yesterday-did you?"
And I said, "Nope. Sorry."
***
And there was another time
when she and Lisa threw me 100 feet out of a golf cart.
I swear I almost died.
But after I didn't,
we laughed SO hard-
'cause it was ridiculously funny.
***
That's the end of my golfing stories...
I wonder why Carrie never had me caddie for her
while she was on the LPGA tour?...)
My mom is actually awesome.
Brooke hitting a shot.
Did you know you are supposed to be a better golfer when you're pregnant? Something about better center of gravity or something.
But my dad smoked all of us, so I threw in a shot of him in the sand.
Look at that form... hot.
Thanks mom and dad.
It was really fun, and I hope we didn't embarrass you too much!
4 comments:
i thought i was athletic/coordinated until i went golfing.
I can't stop laughing. Seriously.
haha!!!
Hey, I got a weird e-mail from you saying you were robbed in London and needed money...wondering what's up?
haha!!!
Hey, I got a weird e-mail from you saying you were robbed in London and needed money...wondering what's up?
Post a Comment