Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Annie's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week...

This is Annie's doll she got at the hospital.
The girl gave it to her to help explain all the tests she had to have.
It was a long day of
x-rays
ultrasounds
blood work
and tests to check her bladder and kidneys
those required sedation.
I must admit
Annie+Drugs=Very Funny.
She was a champ.
But it was very hard
and NOT very fun at all for her.
BUT we think we know why she is getting fevers so often.
(Three cheers for Dr. Osguthorpe.)
Then a few days later-
just so I could start my
mother of the year 2010 campaign
off with a bang-
I accidentally shut Annie's finger in the car door.
I felt like a crappy mom.
She was very distraught.
Then today she had to go back to the doctor
for more blood work and had a
super, duper
FREAK OUT attack about it.
I understand her anxiety and stress level,
but there was NOTHING I could say or do
to get her to stay still and let the nurse take her blood.
She was on another level.
The doctor suggested I bribe her with ice cream.
I told him I had bribed her with that and a new car,
but it was not happening today.
They sent us home with a prescription for a sedation medication
and told us to come back tomorrow.
AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF...
As I was cleaning up "dinner"/sandwiches,
Annie and Kate are running around the family room
like crazy, wild (american) indians and
Annie starts screaming and crying hysterically.
I run over and she is holding her eye and a pencil-
bad combination.
Mother of the year didn't notice that her child was
running
with a pencil.
I might as well just hand her
the scissors and a steak knife and tell her to
race her sister.
Luckily her eye was closed and the pencil wasn't sharpened.
Here is the damage.
Some of you might think it's weird that
I take pictures of my kids injuries.
I see it as a distraction.
In fact Annie asks me now whenever she is hurt,
"Are you going to take a picture?"
If I say, "yes"- she usually stops crying.
I am just praying for NO MORE PICTURES this week.
I'm sorry Annie-girl.
Tomorrow will be a better day.

9 comments:

lisalisa said...

poor annie, *hugs*

and thanks for the teaching opportunity... I showed reiker annie's eye and told him that that is why we don't run with our screwdrivers (his toy ones)!

Dinger said...

First of all, I love that book. We read it every time one of my kids is a bad day! It makes us feel better. Second of all, if I could give Annie a big tight squeeze and make her feel better I would totally do it!! Third, one time Jackson was running around the house with a newly sharpened pencil and only in his underwear. I found him screaming, "Get it out! Get it out!!" He was standing with the pencil stuck in one of his bum cheeks!! It was so funny and so sad at the same time. He still has a little black dot on his little rump to remind him to never run with a pencil!! Tell Annie that we love her. She could always move to Autralia. . .but we would miss her!

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

My poor little Annie girl! She needs her Mamish. Come to think of it, she just needs her mom, who by the way, is doing a fabulous job. I never made mother of the year and my kids turned out just fine. Hang in there.

Baxter's said...

I think that beats garrett's head injury, smushed fingers, and whipped arm pic. She does look a little less dejected. :-) love ya!

Michelle said...

Poor thing and poor mom! Sounds like a stressful week. Amazing that they survive. Sam fell off the counter last week after climbing up there and getting into the medicine in order to find cough drops! Lovely. Think of all the terrible scenarios in that situation! They keep us humble.

Dana said...

As I saw those pictures, I grabbed my mouth and audibly gasped. They look awful. Sorry it has been such a bad one for you. One thing is for sure, you're a great story teller (and mother). Your blog posts make a good read. :)

Cummards said...

She for sure has some great things coming her way, she has to with all that bad luck! Good thing she is better than me, I'd be in bed crying to myself and everyone else, expecting pitty!

Ryan and Angela said...

Oh poor Annie. She is such a trouper. What a bad week. And by the way, if you are a bad mother for that, then it is good I don't post those kinds of things on my blog because I would be a horrible mother.

Angela and Mike said...

Poor Annie! Hopefully you have a smooth next few months here with NO accidents or hospital trips. Wow, that pencil wound is impressive. I'm glad it missed her eye. Kids. Gotta love em.