Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's a new year...

So I have had a great first week of 2010.
I had to readjust having Brock at work because he had been home from work for three weeks- which was NICE.
My house has not been as clean, but I am so happy to be home. It surprises me because there have been quite a few times when I have looked for jobs or hobbies or something to get me out of the house- and since Tessa's arrival I have been thrilled just to stay home and hang out with my three girlies.

Time will tell if this lasts- but I will take this time of happiness and contentment and be grateful.
By the way I DO have some resolutions...
I tend to go a little OVERBOARD with resolutions and have a hard time keeping track of them, let alone just keeping them.
So this year my resolution is to
simplify.

I will try to do what I must do the best that I can.
And the stuff I don't have to do- I won't do.
So, no lofty goals of learning how to sew or speak French.
I will just try to do what I am already doing better.
Does that make sense?
Probably not, but that's ok too. :)
So what did we do on new year's eve?
We painted our family room.
I said goodbye to my lime green wall- I love that wall.
I picked that color on a freaking out whim- when I decided my house was TOO BROWN.
It did the trick.
Nobody noticed the brown- just my green wall.
Thank you green wall.
Now it is blue.
Much more soothing don't ya think?
By the way... don't judge my shirt.
Annie caught it at a basketball game.
I don't cheer for whoever is playing Utah.
That's just plain ridiculous...

So wish me luck with my resolutions...
to doing what I already do...well better.
Oh and don't worry,
I will still be blogging...because I must.
phew.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Pretty wall! It looks more grey than blue though...it looks like you are learning to use your camera. The pictures of the girls look great!