Thursday, January 21, 2010

feedback.

I always tell Brock that I have a hard job.
Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom-
but where are the awards... the honor rolls...
the trophies- ya know.
I guess I just miss the feedback.
Well last night I got some feedback.
Annie has been sick (more on that later)
and I was worried that she wasn't eating dinner,
so I began doing what I do best...
Lecturing:
"Annie if you don't eat your dinner-
you are never going to get better.
You're body needs food to be healthy and strong.
Blah, blah, blah..."
I turn around to do the dishes and Annie says, "Mom."
I turn around and she holds up a piece of paper that says this: I must admit that I was torn between thinking it was the most hilarious thing she's ever done
and feeling like I was back in elementary school and that pretty much hurt my feelings.
But of course my Annie girl can't be mad for long and I think she might have worried that she really did hurt my feelings because she hurried and asked me how to spell "love."
Then held up this:

"I LOBE MOM"
I "LOBE" you too Annie-girl.
p.s. I did eventually get her to eat 3 bites by pretending I was the sick germs and pretending to die every time she swallowed... It was a lot of work for 3 bites. But I think she may have been a little disappointed in my acting and her food intake was a reflection of my poor performance.

2 comments:

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

I think you are an amazing mom to three wonderful girls and I will remind them when they get to be sixteen that their mom is actually cool. Keep up the good work.

Cummards said...

So funny!