There's a great article in the Deseret News about my mom and dad.
They are becoming quite the famous couple.
I think my mom should go shopping-
just in case the paparazzi show up.
p.s. The article tells the same story
(which apparently is cooler now that the cougars are 20-1
have I mentioned that the cougars are 20-1?
Freakin' Awesome.)
but the comments are always good for a laugh.
The Utah State fans are my favorite:
"I'm glad you didn't die,
but I hope you lose EVERY game."
Seriously?
How is it that some of the coolest people I know
went to the same school as that moron?
I used to not read comments because they made me mad,
but I've turned a new leaf and don't care anymore- except when they're funny.
Plus most the time I don't have time to even read the article.
p.p.s. I'm so glad that my dad is ok.
I think my mom should go shopping-
just in case the paparazzi show up.
p.s. The article tells the same story
(which apparently is cooler now that the cougars are 20-1
have I mentioned that the cougars are 20-1?
Freakin' Awesome.)
but the comments are always good for a laugh.
The Utah State fans are my favorite:
"I'm glad you didn't die,
but I hope you lose EVERY game."
Seriously?
How is it that some of the coolest people I know
went to the same school as that moron?
I used to not read comments because they made me mad,
but I've turned a new leaf and don't care anymore- except when they're funny.
Plus most the time I don't have time to even read the article.
p.p.s. I'm so glad that my dad is ok.
p.p.p.s. I liked this article too.
4 comments:
I can't wait for you and the girls to come down and Rachel to come up. We will party like there's no tomarrow!!!
Please don't judge USU fans by some drunk frat boy. Most of us are pretty cool.
In my experience (which is unfortunately WAY too much experience) the comments on any Utah news article (DNews, Trib, or KSL) represent some of the lowest forms of humanity. It's 100% anonymous.
At least message boards, while still mostly anonymous, make you register and people try to maintain some semblance of dignity or consistency. I actually enjoy and find value from a lot of what I read on BYU sports boards. News article commenters...blagh. The worst.
Anyway, what an incredible story and article. I sent that to all of Heidi's family and her dad said he cried all the way through reading it :). Heidi did as well.
I loved hearing about the changes your dad has made in his life since this summer...while the cancer is not a blessing it sounds like the results from the experience certainly have been. Very heartwarming to read.
The first article just made me cry, and just brought back that horrible feeling I had when I heard your voice on the other end of that phone. The second article on the other hand...about time someone said it. And thank you for validating it a bit Sports Illustrated guy. I've always thought it ridiculous. Good read. miss you...as always.
Post a Comment