Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Funny, funny Kate

This is Kate playing with one of Stasie's dogs.
Kate is a funny, funny girl.
She is 2 1/2.
She loves to play with Annie.
She loves to eat.
She talks a lot more than she used to,
but still tries to speak only when absolutely necessary.
Yesterday I heard her screaming in the garage-
Annie and Kate were riding bikes with friends-
it was not a painful or urgent scream.
It was more of a ticked off scream.
I figured Annie was teasing her
or they were pretending to be mad at each other-
they do that sometimes.
I heard it a couple more times
so I went to investigate.
Kate was sitting on Annie's old bike.
It's a bike with training wheels and a flat back tire-
so when you peddle it doesn't go anywhere.
They call it the "exercise bike."
She screamed again and tried to stand up.
She was unable to get off of the seat.
Annie and her friends had abandoned her-
she looked at me and said,
"Me diaper stuck on bike."
She is poddy trained and wears panties,
but on my lazy days I put her in pull-ups.
She gets a little mad about this-
and this pull-up incident has put her over the edge.
She doesn't like diapers.
It took me a few minutes to figure out how to get her off the bike.
The pull-up was hooked somehow on the bike seat.
I finally unhooked it and she was free.
She looked at me
then at the bike
and then took off running to find Annie.
I don't know what it is about that girl,
but she manages to make me laugh so much.
She is sassy,
affectionate,
and smart- sometimes sneaky smart.
She is spunky
and adorable.
She is a funny, funny girl.

3 comments:

garrett & brooke said...

We'll be waiting for your visit:) We really do need a cousin picture- preferably before Taylor adds any kids to the group! Annie and Kate are getting so big and beautiful. We can't wait to see who the next girl is gonna look like. Do you have a name yet?

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

I miss my Katie Kate! I would also like a family picture before Taylor adds any children to the mix. It would be a great Christmas gift. Hint, Hint!!!

Cummards said...

I always laugh so hard when I read your blog, like really..out loud, especially when you write about your girls! They are so cute and do the funniest things. I'm glad I can laugh at your expense, untill it's me.