The girls and I spent a long week together while Brock was in SAN DIEGO for work. We spent the week out and about- three girls on the town. We ate out every night because I was not going to cook if Brock wasn't there to appreciate it because the only reason I cook is so that that he will love me more. We all missed Brock very much, but all in all the week was very fun with no major injuries and only one large purchase made.One of the things we did is visit our FAVORITE toy store. It's called Sam's Toy Box and it's in the shops that are just north of the WinCo in Meridian- where Panda Express is. The owner's name is Eric and he likes BYU- there are super cool toys there- the girls love going there because he has a little playhouse set up with a rabbit family and they play the whole time I shop. The toys are more expensive than Wal-Mart but that's cool with me because at least we are stickin' it to the giant Wal-Mart Man. (When I was a Gov. teacher I made my students write political activism papers and I guess I read one too many about how Wal-Marts come into towns and drive all local businesses to go out of business- so now I feel guilty when I shop at Wal-Mart- funny though because I feel GREAT about shopping at Costco - and feel pretty fine about shopping at Target.) Anyway my Grandma and Grandpa Rose sent Kate some money for her birthday and so she picked out a family of bears and she LOVES them- only problem is... so does Annie.
So poor Brock missed out on all the fun. He only got to spend the week in seventy degree, San Diego. He had to hang out in the jacuzzi every night and work out every morning and ended up working out with the lead singer of Maroon 5- he didn't know it was him until he saw him on stage that night- there was a concert for all the employees- Brock was even nice enough to call me during "This Love" and I heard all the girls scream when he took off his shirt and threw it into the crowd. ("Oh man, that landed 5 feet from me- hey he's looking at the phone now." I'm on the couch in my sweats watching House Hunters International, thinking... not freakin' fair...)He also met the Princess of Morocco- she gave him her phone number and email as well as a pen from the Ritz Carlton in Paris. She kissed Annie and said she was very beautiful. And Brock also got the chance to chat and catch up with Elder Holland at the airport. Elder Holland said, "I remember you now- you were the go-to guy a couple of years ago." He walked out the terminal with him so Annie and Kate got to shake his hand. He was so nice to us- he likes my dad because the both are Dixie College/BYU guys. Now Brock's back home and playing a little ward basketball- he's the captain of the 0-1 team- hopefully they pull out a win today.
I'm just glad he came home and didn't join a rock band (Maroon 6?) or get whisked away by royalty- So that was our week. How was yours?
3 comments:
Way to go! I'm glad you learned something from your mom. "When life gets stressful, shop!!!"
i love those little critters. so cute.
Brock is now my six degree of separation person for all the church leaders and famous people. Thanks I feel so important now :) Sounds like an awesome trip. I didn't know you were home alone this week you should have called we sat home all week. I need to check out that toy store it sounds perfect.
Post a Comment