Sunday, October 5, 2008

Extreme Weather Warning

So my final post about Boston has to be about the weather. I was fascinated by it. I am a desert girl- grew up in St. George where if it was raining you rushed as fast as you can to go outside before it stopped. I am more familiar with droughts and the occasional thunderstorm. I've been to the east coast a few times, but always in the middle of the summer when it was hot and sticky. I've never seen weather like this. This picture documents the final seconds of the BYU umbrella's short-lived life. Good thing we had a spare.
These are our trust galoshes we bought in anticipation of the storm- function meets fashion- kind of.Don't I look like a drill team girl in this? Rainy, rainy, Rainy, but still sooo fun.

I am done- the marathon is over- Thanks for your patience.

Mom- I hope you know how much fun I had- what a great trip- and ya I can't wait for London either and no I haven't told Brock yet.

5 comments:

Baxter's said...

Wow! Sounds like an awesome trip~and yes, you would have to be serious tourists to do what you guys did! Every pic it looked fun and miserable all at the same time. :-) Cool stuff..makes me want to take a trip with my mom. hmmmm....

Crystal said...

I'm so sorry I didn't get to see you guys when you were here! My cousin was in town and it was crazy. I wish you would have come to the New Kids concert with us! It was the best time ever! I'm sure the Red Sox game was a blast too. Isn't Boston fun? Darn it all for raining on you the whole time. I hope you make this a yearly trip! It looks like you and your mom have so much fun together.

Darci said...

It looks like you had a blast!!

The Petersons said...

Reading about your trip was fun. Your writing is entertaining!!! Cute family pics!!! -Kam

Annaca said...

What a fun trip! I'm beyond jealous. I guess I can always live vicariously through you! Thanks for all the fun posts. What a great time with just you and your mom!!