Thursday, September 4, 2008

Preschool "Snacks"

Annie started preschool yesterday and she could not have been more excited. She loved everything- her teacher, the painting, new clothes (always one of my favorite thing too) and especially wearing her backpack.
But what was her favorite part you ask? Well that's what I wanted to know and she said, "Snacks." This made me laugh because it reminded me of a funny story about her dad. When Brock was in Greece, the team went to training camp for 2 or 3 weeks. Every night the Americans on the team would go into the village and drink at the local bar. Since Brock's not the drinking kind he would get something to eat like chips or ice cream. Anyway after a couple days of this one of his teammates started giving him a hard time about this and decided to nickname him "Snacks." It only stuck for a few days, but now we know he passed on his love of snacks to Annie.

Walking home from school she said, "I LOVE Preschool. It is AWESOME!"

11 comments:

k8theriver said...

that bottom picture is so cute.
where did you get her backpack?
i'm so bummed stella isn't going.
one last thing---my favorite thing about annie is that she is always so enthusiastic. about everything.

Katherine said...

So Cute! Just so you know, when we were first married, Glen called me "snacks" too! It is true, what can I say. I always have some kind of treat with a Diet Coke available at all times. :) She is looking so old and her hair is darling!

Dinger said...

What a beauty!!! She will love preschool! And you will probably enjoy some one on one with Kate!

Annaca said...

What a cutie. Preschool is the funnest ever!

Angela and Mike said...

haha, snacks would be my favorite part too!

laceyplaisted10@hotmail.com said...

Your little girls are darling..and getting so big! I'm totally adding you.. onto our little blog buddy list! Are you still in boise? Your page is so cute.. I'm not such a good blogger! Hopefully I get better. ha. TELL your cute mom hi. I miss her. I don't even know how you did it.. in Greece when you were pregnant. You should have seen me.. when we first arrived. I seriously couldn't eat for days! Oo . These blueberries..smelled so bad.. ! :) Anyways.. so good to hear from you! We have to keep in touch!

Alix Hart said...

Long time no see,
I ran into Darci the other day at the store and she told me what you were up to and then I saw your blog on hers. Fun to see pics of your cute fam. Hope you don't mind me dropping in.

Michelle said...

So fun! I am glad she is having a good time. Rex loves it too.

Ash and Becky said...

How funny! She is definitely my kind of girl. Xander was the opposite. He always said "no thanks" to snacks at preschool-probably because it wasn't popsicles!

Andrea said...

She looks adorable, I love what you did with the pictures too, making them look all frosty. Hope she has a great year. How did the nail polish situation work out??

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.