Sunday, January 6, 2008

It's still night night time!

Today was the first Sunday we switched our Sacrament Meeting time. For the last 2 years we have gone at 3:00 pm (miserable). This year our time switched to 8:00 am. So I set my alarm for 6:45 and get ready. I go into Annie's room at about 7:30 and she is still asleep. I turn on her closet light and get her dress and shoes. She wakes up and says, "What are you doing Mom?" I said, "Just getting ready for church." She rubs her eyes and looks towards the window and say, "'But it's still night night time Mom." She thought I had lost my mind.

Kate was already awake and waiting patiently for me in her crib, smiling of course. I wonder if she wakes up at 7:00 every morning and waits until 8:00 or 8:30 until she cries. (It's crazy how good she is. I know I don't deserve her.)

So after getting them in their dresses, matching of course, getting Annie out of bed again (I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when she is a teenager) and shoving bananas at them while we put them in the car...we were only 12 minutes late. You have to give yourself some room for improvement right?

We survived our first Sunday of 2008. We made it through the first day of Primary (signs, schedules, agendas, birthday coupons, but no rolls...I'm such a good secretary!), Annie not wanting to stay in nursery until the leader says that she can be her "special, music helper"-that gets her every time, Kate falling and cutting her gums open and screaming hysterically in Sacrament Meeting(no blood on her dress) and Brock catching his flight to New York. Hopefully we will survive the week without him better than we survived Church!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Your girls always look so cute! I guess I could do matching boy outfits... no, not as cute! You are a great Secretary, Rex loved Primary today. I was pleasantly surprised at how well he did. Although I couldn't stop laughing during his LOUD prayer!

Michelle said...

I didn't know your email address so here's the link to the tutorial on how to make a page on PS.
http://www.theshabbyshoppe.com/tutorials/first_LO_in_PSCS.html
Thanks for coming over today, we had a great time.

Taylor Rose said...

haha good job channel! annie, thats how i feel every morning, it should stay night night time!

CassideeT said...

I'm impressed that you got two kids to church at 8:00. I've yet to attempt church with two kids and probably won't for a while. Oh, speaking of dying hair. . .I think I remember one school picture of yours where your hair was a very striking shade of red/orange. You looked great, of course. Anyway, isn't it fun to see what your kids turn out like. I wouldn't have guessed you and Brock would have a blond child.

Baxter's said...

Church at 8!?! What did you do the rest of the day??? Church at 3!?! Was it dark when you guys came out? What are you guys doing out there in Idaho? You're crazy!

Ryan and Angela said...

Oh my goodness, you sound like you had a really fun first Sunday. But we feel your pain. I mean, I think they wanted to give the Locust Grove ward a huge shock. Go super late, then go super early. Nothing in between. By the way, your recent family photo is beautiful.