Brock has talked about wanting to do a Triathlon for years.
But between how much he works, his church calling, and everything he does at home he didn't think he'd have time to train for it.
So I decided for his birthday, I would sign him up and then NEVER complain when he needed to train.
I thought it was one of my best gifts until I started telling people about it.
Apparently five-ish weeks isn't very much time to train for your first triathlon- especially if you're not a great swimmer. So not only did I have to keep from complaining anytime he got home from work and immediately went to the gym, I also had to worry for five weeks that he might drown.
But Brock's a Gamer, so I didn't need to worry a bit.
He trained like crazy and swam almost everyday.
And I knew it was a good omen when he picked up his packet and his race number was 435.
That's my old St. George area code- Represent Southern Utah!
I woke up early on race day and went to watch Brock start the race.
I was SO nervous- remember this whole thing was my fault!
But he did SO good! I was so impressed and SO PROUD!!!
The swim was insane- like a mile long-
But he came out of that water looking like a Champ.
After the swim, I saw him take off on his bike- that he bought like 3 days before.
I went home and grabbed the girls to watch him finish.
I was so relieved that he finished the swim that I didn't worry about the rest of the race,
but Brock said the bike was SO hard.
I found out after that this race is known for it's difficult bike section- I probably should have done a little better research- the hills were pretty insane.
I made it back with the girls just in time to see him finish the bike, and he looked so tired!
He still had a 10K to run! He'd tweaked his hamstring a couple weeks ago running, so he'd pretty much only biked and swam since then. So I did what I do best and worried about him finishing.
But of course he finished- and finished strong!
I was so impressed and in awe of him.
It's crazy what a great athlete he is.
Super glad I married him. :)
Right after the race before he could even finish his watermelon I asked him the big question...
"So, would you ever do this again?"
And he looked at me like I was crazy and said,
"Of course."
So maybe it wasn't such a terrible birthday present after all.
Way to go Brock!!! Love you! :)



1 comment:
辣妹视讯聊天室 , 辣妹视讯聊天室 , 辣妹视讯聊天室 , 辣妹视讯聊天室 , 辣妹视讯聊天室 , 辣妹视讯聊天室 , 辣妹视讯聊天室 , 辣妹视讯聊天室 , 辣妹视讯聊天室 , 辣妹视讯聊天室
Post a Comment