Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Annie's got a Boyfriend...

I picked Annie up from school today.
I asked her how her day was.
She said, "Mom, there's a boy in my class that has a crush on me."
I said, "Well, that's great. How did you find that out?"
She said, "He sits right by me."
And we found out later that he apparently drew a heart and then wrote her name inside it.
She paused for a minute and then said, "Mom, he's African."
I'm dying inside, but I say, "Do you mean he's black?"
She said, "I thought I was supposed to say African."
I said, "Well some people say African American, but it's OK to say he's black."
She thought about that for a second and then said, "Well, he's really nice."
I absolutely love this girl!
And I'm really glad she sits by such a nice boy.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Kids are awesome. There are a lot of African American kids here and I was afraid my boys would unknowingly say something offensive since Idaho is so "white", but it's like they don't even notice. They haven't said a word. I love it! Rex will be sad that Annie found a new man! haha!