Friday, September 23, 2011

Brock is my Husband.

So, I've decided to post interviews with my favorite people on Fridays. We'll see how long it lasts. I guess it depends on how people like me enough to put up with an interview...
So to start off here is an interview with Brock because he is obligated to do stuff like this for me.
***

Me: Thanks for agreeing to this interview. You are such a nice guy.
Brock: Anytime. I would do anything for you.
Me: Really...Anything?
Brock: Well...
Me: Do you know that I write about our family on a blog?
Brock: Yes.
Me: Have you ever read it?
Brock: Sometimes.
Me: Why haven't you ever commented?
Brock: Because it's YOUR blog.
Me: Do you think you are too good for my blog?
Brock: Absolutely not.
Me: Now that we got that out of the way... State your name and relationship to the author.
Brock: Brock Reichner- the author is my lovely, beautiful wife.
Me: Wow. Lovely AND Beautiful? Nice! What's it like being married to me?
Brock: It's pretty sweet. I'm a lucky dude.
Me: Ha! Sure. Do you know some people feel bad for you because you have four daughters? What would you like to say to those people?
Brock: Back off! If Ty Detmer can do it- so can I. Let's see... Why would I feel bad? My four girls could take anybody's boy. Having these girls is really fun. Plus we don't have to worry about having any daughter-in-laws.
Me: Speaking of in-laws... what do you think about my parents?
Brock: (eye roll) They are the coolest in-laws ever.
Me: Do you think you are a good son-in-law?
Brock: Well, I'm the only one so far- so sure.
Me: You're not going to mention the super low interest rate you got my dad back in '03- or the 20 games you won for him in '06? How about a couple months ago when you scheduled his team to play against the Greek and Italian National teams... and then they got trounced- maybe you should just mention the interest rate...
Brock: Well, until Taylor get's married, I've got a lock on the favorite son-in-law.
Me: Speaking of favorite...What was it like being the youngest/favorite child of your family?
Brock: I wasn't the favorite- Mark was the favorite. It was fun because my family was a very adventurous and active family. We had a lot of good times.
Me: Mark never had a Cadillac to drive in high school.
Brock: Mark didn't go to Timpview High School. You needed a Cadillac at Timpview. Plus Mark went to high school at Lakewood- if he had driven a car to school- somebody would have stolen it.
Me: I remember when we were dating  and you drove that cadillac to our house and parked it in the driveway- then you opened the trunk and pulled out a piece of cardboard to put under the car so it wouldn't drip oil on my parent's driveway. I think my dad fell in love with you that day. Oh ya, and did I mention that it beeped like a dump truck when you put it in reverse. Oh and it had an old school cell phone with a chord. That car was awesome. Whatever happened to the Cady?
Brock: I sold it right before I went on my mission. There are many books that could be written about that Cadillac.
Me: You said your family was adventurous. What kinds of stuff would you do with your family?
Brock: My dad had a sailboat and we would sail off the coast of Oceanside. We also had a motorhome and traveled a lot in the summer time. We would go to different basketball camps so my dad could work. Then we would tour around the different national parks. We liked fishing and hiking and spending time at the beach.
Me: It's been a little over three years since your mom passed away. What do you miss the most about her?
Brock: I miss not being able to call and talk to her and find out what she's doing and telling her what I'm doing. She was such a huge support in my life.  I'm sad that she can't see her grandchildren. And I miss her Greek cooking.
Me: Your dad turns 70 this year. Do you have anything planned to celebrate?
Brock: Yes. We are going to Las Vegas. Just him and his boys.
Me: Wow. Vegas huh. Sounds like the perfect place to take your dad for his Bachelor party- I mean 70th  birthday... What is a favorite memory about your dad?
Brock: When he was coaching at a junior college, he would have these summer basketball camps that I would go to. I loved seeing him coach and being apart of his camps- winning different awards and stuff. It was a lot of fun.
Me: Now let's finish up with a few more things about you... Favorite food.
Brock: Lasagna.
Me: Favorite Song or Artist. Brock: Coldplay.
Me: Favorite color. Brock: Blue.
Me: Favorite Team. Brock: Laker's
Me: Favorite Girl. Brock: You.
Me: Thank you for letting me interview you. You are the bomb.com babe.
Brock: Let's go get some Cafe Rio.




***
Can you see why I love this guy so much?
If you have any other questions for Brock- leave a comment and I will ask him for you...
Except Brock- because he doesn't comment on MY blog.

11 comments:

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

Marrying Brock was the best decision you've ever made. I couldn't ask for a better son-in-law. I know that his mom is so proud of the father, husband and all around great guy that he is. My question for Brock is, "If you could hang out with anyone in the world for an afternoon, who would it be?" (Obviously we know you would choose me so you have to name someone else.)

Chanell said...

He said "Magic Johnson."

k8theriver said...

would brock consider starting his OWN blog with tips on how to be a good father/husband/son/in-law?
he is qualified. maybe thebombdotcom.blogspot.com is available.

Chanell said...

That is a GREAT idea. I will check on that address right away. Great idea...

Michelle said...

Will Brock be nice to his future son-in-laws... because I might know a few. ;)

Chanell said...

Michelle- All I know is that we would have beautiful grandchildren... beautiful, TALL grandchildren. :)

Jay Jay said...

Aw...love my family. Miss Yia Yia...
That crazy red velvet Cadillac will go down in history! Timpview Beamers will never compare ;) love you guys!!

Chanell said...

That's right! It was red velvet. Thanks Jess! That could be an entire chapter in the book we write about that cadillac.

Anonymous said...

In memory of the Cadillac, I'd like to go back down memory lane...my boy Skyler driving, my other friends filling the back seat, then suddenly skyler gets pulled over by Mr. Police man, Sky, takes a sharp right running the stop sign, without coming to a stop, maybe 15-20 mph, He Decides he's putting the car into PARK. Luckily, we have seat belts on, but wait, Skyler's yelling switch me,switch me, SO, I Switched him, just in time for the Cop to come flying around the corner with his lights on, he gets out of the car, approaches my window and starts rattling off a bunch of questions, needless to say, I made it out alive, no ticket, a jacked up transmission, and a getto-lack that leaked oil on peoples driveways, sorry bout that, the cardboard was cheaper than a new ride, my pops didn't buy his family a Lexus that I could drive:)

Chanell said...

getto-lack... so awesome.
dear anonymous commenter,
you are funny.
and mysterious.

Baxter's said...

Brock: Why won't you buy a sailboat and sail at oceanside anymore? Why do you love Boise so much?