| My big belly in NYC |
The doctor was great- super fast and efficient- until she measured my stomach.
Dr-"So do you think this baby is pretty big?"
Me- "Umm, ya I guess. All my babies have been pretty big and I'm induced a week early."
Dr- "But do you feel like this baby could be your biggest?"
Me- "Ummm, I'm not sure. I'm not the kind of mother that's super intuitive like that...
(but since you are standing there with a measuring device) What do you think?"
Dr- "I think this baby might be 8 lbs right now."
Me- Ummmmm, Dude.
So I spent the rest of the day coming to grips with the idea that I might deliver a 10 freakin' pounder.
Wouldn't that be fun?
But guess who's fault that would be?
Yes, that would be Brock's fault- he was a ten pounder baby. that's big.
I was only seven lbs. that's little.
***
p.s. I know this sounds harsh to my unborn baby girl- calling her a "ten freakin' pounder" and all, but I must explain that my babies are completely separate from my pregnancies. Pregnancies are hard, rough, tough stages of life. Babies are happy, beautiful, fun little girls that just happen to come after the crappy pregnancy. I totally separate the two- otherwise I think I might have hard feelings against the baby- because of all the hardness, and it's not their fault that my body hates to be pregnant. So don't worry I will love this baby, but not until she gets here.
And if you come early baby girl... you will officially be my favorite! Right out of the gate- favorite child- up for grabs! :)
2 comments:
10 lbs ... big baby! but as long as it isn't your first you will be just fine. Cat was a few ounces shy and I lived to tell about it 16 years later! hahaha
I agree though it is much better once they are out and you can enjoy their sweet little selves! (then you get to teach them to drive! yikes!)
boo! i already feel bad that i wasn't there to tend your girls.
maybe you canbe induced 2 weeks early.
Post a Comment