On Sunday, I made Kate another cake for her official birthday.
We sang Happy Birthday, and then Annie couldn't keep herself from blowing out the candles.
Brock anticipated the move and covered her mouth before all candles were extinguished.
Kate blew out the last candle.
I put Annie in timeout.
Kate quickly forgave Annie.
But you know what bothered me the most?
That Annie blowing out those candles was something I would have done as a kid.
That was me. I was the rude, candle blowing oldest sister.
I don't want her to have my faults.
It really bugs me.
But lucky for me, she is half Brock.
And he gave her a dash of fun-loving, jokester that makes her so much more loveable than I was.
Thanks for bailing me out, Brock.
And did I mention how much I love my crazy girls?
1 comment:
I'm all caught up on your blog and had to comment and tell you how awesome you are! Your girls are beautiful and youre life sounds amazing!
Post a Comment