Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ode to Joy.

 Annie had her first piano recital.
She played "Ode to Joy."
Notice the piece on the front of the piano is missing.
Tessa did that.
Annie had her song memorized, but insisted on taking her book up.
I told her she didn't need it.
We had a bit of a tug-a-war until I let her take it with her.
She turned to the wrong page, and played her song beautifully.
She's crazy.
 Her teacher set up the recital at an Assisted Living Center.
They residents were thrilled to see all the babies.
But when we all sang "Silent Night" there were moments reminiscent of Christmas Vacation.
It was so awesome.
 This is Shayla.
She is Annie's piano teacher.
She is so nice- too nice in fact.
She never gets mad at her for not practicing.
I encourage her to be meaner.
I don't think she has it in her.
Annie loves her.
This is how Kate looked all night.
She was not that happy about all the attention Annie was getting on her big night. 
She informed me that she could play the piano too.
I told her she had to wait until she's five.
She thinks that's a bad idea.
Oh, I love my girls.

1 comment:

Baxter's said...

Dear Chanell, We just returned from a very delayed flight where they made us sit on the plane for an hour before taking off...and we got home to icy roads and didn't get into bed until 1 am. Garrett said his brain hurt he was so tired. We then found the bathroom flooded with a leak...and then the furnace was being weird. That being said, it has been a LONG day today trying to recover from all the mess. And I needed a good laugh. And although it put me into a bit of false labor, I enjoyed it. I'm still chuckling. And I learned something new about camels and revenge. You are the best. MIssed seeing you this Christmas. I will catch you on your next trip...next week? :-) love you!