Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Farm & Garden For Sale.

So I was browsing Craigslist today.
I clicked on Farm and Garden to see if people were selling fruit-
'cause I'm supposed to know about that stuff now.
But then I got distracted...
have you ever browsed farm and garden.
Uh. It's Awesome.
Here are a few favorites.
This goat is for sale.
It's $20.00 or they might be willing to trade for produce.
I've wanted to get some chickens, but where would I put them?
This chicken "mansion" is only $425.00.
Luxury livin' for the chicks.
And you can buy "steers."
So help me out...
are cows girls and steers boys?
I thought cows were the universal name- but I'm not sure.
Oh and the big ones are $225- small ones $200.
"Reed's Rocket Nut Cracker"
at a steal for only $15.00.
And this little lady won a blue ribbon in 2009 at the Canyon County Fair.
Coming in at 170 lbs- she's for sale for $200.00.
***
But I think my favorite was this post from Tami:
"I have a total of 3 PVC pig watering devices with the pig nipple. I am asking $10.00 each."
But there was NO PICTURE!
How could you not include a picture?
***
Some days,
 I wish I was a farmer.
***
Oh ya,
and this post is
dedicated to Brock.
I thought you would appreciate seeing
how I spent my day
while you were working in Portland...
There's only one word to describe my day-
PRODUCTIVITY.
Or maybe three words-
(lack of) PRODUCTIVITY.
Love ya.
p.s. wouldn't it be funny if you came home tonight and I had chickens?
just kidding... or am I?

8 comments:

Baxter's said...

I just went to Provo's farm and garden section. BOOOOOORING. It was just a bunch of people trying to mow the lawn. You live in a way cooler place. Bummer for me. Or for Brock depending on whether you not you get the chicken mansion.

Chanell said...

Hey Lis- Posting this was just one of my sneaky ways to make you want to live here. It looks like it's working...

Michelle said...

I am loving your posts lately. Seriously, can I be your best friend?

Marc said...

Can I get that chicken mansion, will you reserve it for me? I need one of those! And Yes, Channell, it is me, Marc, reading your blog. Sometimes I "blog" at nights in my freetime. Your hilarious, love watching Casey read your blog, she has to read each post outloud to me she likes it so much. :)

Chanell said...

Hey Marc- It takes a real man to comment on my blog. :) And tell Casey her blog is amazing. She is so talented- in a million different things. I'm not talented at all- just sarcastic.

Chanell said...

Hey Marc- It takes a real man to comment on my blog. :) And tell Casey her blog is amazing. She is so talented- in a million different things. I'm not talented at all- just sarcastic.

Dana said...

Chanell...you are hilarious!! Whenever I stop by your blog I end up laughing for days. :) I am so happy you are our new provident living specialist. I can't wait for all you have in store! :)
Been thinkin' a lot about your testimony. "I can do hard things." We got hit with something hard and I have to say, I would rather not! Everytime I admit that to myself, I hear your voice say that "you can do hard things and our Heavenly Father is there to help". CJ was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.

Stasie said...

You crack me up. I can't wait for you to get a chick mansion! And BTW, you are right about the cows being girls and steers being boys. Cattle is the universal term. Any other farm questions, you know how to find me:)