We went to the Farmer's Market in Boise on Saturday.
It was freezing,
but really fun.
Tessa looked adorable in her hat.Too bad she's getting too big for her warm clothes.
She's looking a little hodge-podge these days.
We bought onions and carrots from this lady.She wouldn't let me leave until I promised to try a shallot.
She threw it in my bag for free.
Kate was crying, "cause me COOOOLD!"
Annie loved all the free samples.
Just like Costco.
***
The BAD:
(not pictured)
I made a frozen lasagna for dinner after church.
I was too tired to make anything else.
I didn't make anything else to go with it,
but Brock heated up some corn.
It was gross.
***
The UGLY:
My cinnamon rolls were a disaster.I didn't use enough flour.
When you don't use enough flour-
it's really bad news.
These rolls were bad news.
"Don't worry. They look o.k."
"Maybe that's how they're supposed to look."
"This way is better because you can make them into shapes."
But then the dagger came when he said,
"Hey, they kind of look like buffalo chips."
"Hey, they kind of look like buffalo chips."
BUFFALO CHIPS!!!
SERIOUSLY!
But that was exactly what they looked like.
SERIOUSLY!
But that was exactly what they looked like.
But they actually tasted alright...
not like Grandma's though.
***
Brock's Review
Chanell insisted that I write about her cinnamon rolls.
I just needed to say that despite the pictures above, these cinnamon rolls
were really good!
On a grade scale:B+.
I'm sure the more she makes the cinnamon rolls the better she will get,
but they did remind me of my cow tippin' days. :)


3 comments:
That's awesome! I consider myself a pretty good cook. I make homemade bread, my family enjoys the dinners I make, etc. For the LIFE of me I can not make cinnamon rolls! They always turn out weird, so you are not alone.
Tessa looked adorable on Sunday. I was noticing she has a birthmark in the exact same place on her leg that Sam does. So cute!
Chanell...please don't post food recipes, such as the cinnamon rolls(and cute pics of your grandma) any more on Sunday. I almost made Sam break the sabbath day to buy potato flakes. I don't even know what they are, but I wanted to buy some so I could make this recipe. IF they're good enough for Grandma Lang, they are good enough for me. Tell Brock that when reviewing your cooking he should stick to his "positive twist" comments as opposed to referring to animal excrement. Never a good idea Brock, never. No exceptions.
Can't stop laughing! However, word of wisdom to Brock: Never give your wife anything lower than an A-. . .for us over achievers an A- is like an F!!
I bet the hot sweet rolls tasted amazing! I have a hard time believing that your frozen lasagna was gross. . .it was fast Sunday for goodness sake. . .doesn't dirt even taste great when your stomach is growling???
Post a Comment