Monday, September 14, 2009

TWO-EIGHT

Tomorrow is the best day of the year: September 15.
It is my birthday.
I love my birthday.
Tomorrow I turn 28.
I think that turning 28 finally makes me an official adult.
Being 27 still felt like "young adult"- like I could still get away with acting like a child every once in awhile.
But 28 is the real deal- plus I will be 28 and have THREE kids.
My mom has three kids. You know what else tomorrow is?
Thirty-one weeks of pregnancy/thirty-one weeks of hellishness.
I am asking the pregnancy gods for a day free of throwing up and migraines.
I reminded them my husband is half Greek which makes this baby a quarter Greek and all those mythical gods are Greek I think- so hopefully they take that into consideration.

Things on the agenda for Birthday Week:
  • A trip to Target where I browse and buy whatever I want- well almost whatever I want.
  • New music
  • New earrings and new shoes- to draw attention away from the baby.
  • A flight down to Utah with the girls to watch Tay play some volleyball.
  • Going to lunch with a BFF
  • Going on a hot date with Brock.
  • A BYU football game with tailgate cookin' from the famous BIG G.
  • Oh ya and family pictures- every pregnant girls dream.
  • Lots of fun with family and friends.

I cannot wait to see what's in store for me this next year. I love my birthday because I love my life. It gets better every year- probably because I get cooler every year.

Actually I love my life because I love the people in it.

Here's to a GREAT TWO-EIGHT!

9 comments:

Casey said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! What a great attitude. Maybe we might be able to wish you a happy birthday in person if we see you this weekend. Sounds like you will be busy, but maybe we might run into you. Never know :) We miss you guys!

Dinger said...

Oh my goodness, you are funny. Happy Birthday! It is the easiet B-day to remember because my sister's in the day after that. I hope you are spoiled like crazy because you deserve it!!! I am so sorry that the last few months of pregnancy are "hellish!!" I have been thinking of you all month and have not been a good friend to bring you dinner. I promise to do that ASAP. Enjoy your trip to Utah, and know that I am with you in spirit at the BYU game. Love ya!!
Paige

Angela and Mike said...

happy birthday! haha, I love that you get cooler and cooler with every year. I fear I am getting dorkier and dorkier...oh well.

I hope you have a great day and a break from your hellishness. Pregnancy=lame! You ARE pretty official with 3 kids though :)

Katherine said...

I think I get cooler and cooler every year too! How did we get so cool? I am so excited for you to have your little girl! I think it is a lot easier to have 3 kids then to be pregnant with 2 kids...I bet you will feel the same. You will have the cutest little family ever! I think 3 kids definately made me feel like an "adult". We are not a "young family" with a couple little tykes. I have 3 kids and Ally is in Kindergarten - holy crap...how did that happen!?

Buy some cute things at target and have fun in Utah! Miss you tons! love ya girl!

Danny and Veronica said...

Happy Birthday!!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!!! Just wait until you hit 30, than feeling like an adult is not so cool.

k8theriver said...

happy birthday. you look good. the family picture will turn out great.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, it sounds like you have a fun and busy week ahead of you. I hope you have a great day and I am sorry you are still not feeling well, you will be sooo ready for this baby to come.

Baxter's said...

I just completely enjoy you. I wish I could've enjoyed you all 28 of your years...but I will settle for 10.(10 right?)

You are the best! Happy day my friend!