Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pictures of the New Do

So here are the photos so you can see the damage for yourselves. I tried to fix it myself and then realized I was going to need a trained professional for this.


Mini Bangs
Hack Job in the back.I took her to the salon for some help with damage control. Not only did she fix her hair (kind of), she also put in a plug about not cutting hair because you could cut your ear. That stressed Annie out because if she cut her ears she wouldn't be able to hear anymore. I said, "Yes that's right."
She loved the salon- she called it the "hair store." She was so thrilled with herself. She walked outside and said, "Oh no, the wind is messing up my hair." Then after she woke up this morning she said, "My hair is not beautiful anymore. Let's go back to the hair store today." She's a mess!
So I'm not in love with the hair do, but it is not completely terrible. I kind of think she looks like a boy, so I went through some pictures and realized that it's a very popular style. One that transcends eras. Here is her twin- Brock with similar hair do.Then there is me and below is my mom when she was 7 or 8.

Brock thinks she looks like her. :) You be the judge. By the way, I can laugh about this now- most of the time.

9 comments:

k8theriver said...

she's still cute. i was thinking of cutting stella's bangs really short (not THAT short though). they can be short-haired friends.

Dinger said...

She is adorable!! You give her lots of hugs and kisses from Maddie!!

Cheryl Ann Rose said...

She is still the cutest "monkey head" ever. My mom cut my hair like that on purpose.

Angela and Mike said...

Oh man. What a week you've been having. I can't believe she did that! Go with the bows :) I'm so glad she had fun at the hair store though. Maybe now she'll be permanently terrified of scissors since they can cut off your ear!

Andrea said...

This is so one of my worst fears with girls. So far we have been fairly lucky, Ellie did cut hers recently but it was just the ends of her pigtails so you couldn't really tell. Annie still looks adorable, and the ear thing is a good one, I am totally telling that to Ellie.

Angie Cleveland said...

Great Story! We haven't had any close calls like that yet, but I know it's coming sometime. When I was little I cut off my own pigtails and I had really long hair. My mom still brings it up to this day! Her hair cut is still cute on her little face.

Michelle said...

I LOVE it! She is cute as can be. Let's hope she learned her lesson!

Annaca said...

I think her new do is very fashion forward, which means you are a very trendy, stylish mother!! You're my hero!

Dana said...

Thank goodness hair grows back huh? If that is what Lexi is going to do, I might as well cut it short for her now so I don't have to comb it every day, don't you think? I love the ear threat...I'll have to remember that one.