Monday, December 3, 2007
Deck the Halls
Here are the girls in their Christmas Dresses before Church. We made an attempt to take a family picture by 'Timer." It only took 100 pictures before we got one of us all looking the same direction. That was our only Christmas Card requirement.

So we have been under some serious pressure for the last few weeks from Annie to put up some Christmas Lights. Unfortunately we have the Griswold's next store and they have had their lights up since before Thanksgiving. Our neighbors are two women, and Brock says they are the example of efficiency. They have red lights, a giant light up wreath, moving deer, some kind of lit up snowmen, and a giant blow-up Santa and Rudolph (Annie's favorite). So every time we drive down the street Annie says, "Look at the Lights. Look at Santa Claus!" and then with a disapproving tone, "Where are our lights? We don't have any lights." I tell her we have lights on our Christmas tree, and she responds with, "But no lights OUTSIDE." So here is our attempt to please our 2 1/2 year old and to keep up with the Griswold"ettes." Merry Decorating Everyone!
The "Outside" Lights above and our Christmas tree below. 
The neighbors house... picture does not do it justice, but I was afraid to take any more. I didn't want to them to think I was a freaky stalker. Giant Santa on the right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It sounds like Annie has a little of her grandma in her. Hang in there. The decorations collect over the years and then after 20 something years of marriage you get rid of them all and start over. I think your house looks great!
Love,
Mom
Your tree is really pretty. And we are pretty ghetto on our outside lights. We didn't get them up before the snow - not our roof is icy so Glen can't get up there (He is soo disappointed :) )
We put red and green lightbulbs in our lights outside and put up a couple wreaths. I am sure our neighbors are ashamed of us - oh well. So you did better than us!
haha, that story is so funny. I love the lights on the OUTSIDE, very festive. Does the 2 1/2 year old approve? Do'nt you just love neighbors that make you look bad. Good luck trying to keep with the the super efficient house!
This neighborhood seems crazy with lights! I had to guilt Mark into getting up there last weekend! Our across the street neighbors are like that, you should come see it, I think it's a little cheesy. The guy did it before Thanksgiving and it took him over 5 hours one day to do it!! No thank you! I noticed your neighbors the other night, and then your lone tree with lights!! :) Maybe if I married a woman, my house would get decorated. ;)
channel tell annie that outside lights are overrated. haha se ya soon!
If it makes you feel any better, I did notice that one of their lights is burned out.
Post a Comment