When I say challenge I mean challenges. I think that's what usually happens when people move from a two bedroom, 1100 sq. ft. condo to a 4 bed 2600 sq. ft. house. When we moved in, we had two rooms decorated- our living room and Annie's room and we had a kitchen table. Since then we've furnished our family room, Kate's room, Brock's office and we bought ourselves a new bed.
Some of my latest decorating projects have been- painting a wall in our family room lime green (I love it!) -painting a dresser for Kate's room that I found on Craig's List (painted it white, turned out cute)
My future projects include- painting Annie and Kate's room (not sure what colors yet) -designing a playroom/reading nook/workspace for me in the kind of loft we have upstairs (it's a big open room at the top of the stairs) -organizing the garage (Oh Dear) -decorating our gigantic master bedroom (I have no idea what to do with all the space because the only furniture we have for the room is a bed and a tv on a tiny tv stand)
Anyway so that is the challenge. If you have any ideas, preferably cheap, for any part of my house- I would love to hear them. Afterall I don't have a lot of experience when it comes to this stuff. So any advice is appreciated. I'll post some pictures of some of my finished products soon.
I love my house- I love decorating it, but I just need to remember that Rome wasn't built in a day!
1 comment:
there are a billion blogs with lots of great ideas. if you haven't already, check out all the entries in the cool nursery contest at apartment therapy nursery.
http://nursery.apartmenttherapy.com/scc2007.php
also, ikea opened today. its worth the trip.
Post a Comment